All Forums
 General
 Advanced Security User Maintenance Errors
 Printer Friendly Version  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
admin
Admin

131 Posts
Posted - April 14 2010 :  12:11:46 PM  Show Profile Send a private message to admin
Why would I get errors maintaining users with a SQL 2005 or 2008 database server?

Scenario 1 (BC)

This scenario addresses the problem where you get this message:

You just need to add the programming from Microsoft that lets Apex talk directly to the SQL Server.

On the Apex workstation, please go to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15748. Click “Download” , then select and install SQLServer2005_BC.msi. (Note that it doesn’t matter whether you are using SQL 2005 or above; this is just how they name this programming.)

It only takes a few seconds to install and it won’t require a reboot. Then you can jump in and try the Apex user maintenance again.

Scenario 2 (Password Complexity)

If after you attempt to add a user's password you get a message "OLE error 80043B0C" or "Password validation failed" then you might be experiencing a problem with your company's password complexity policies. Your database server is enforcing the password policies from your company's security domain. By default these policies ensure that:
  1. The password does not contain all or part of the user's account name.
  2. The password is at least six characters in length.
  3. The password must contain characters from at least three of the following four categories: Uppercase characters, lowercase characters, numbers, or special characters (e.g. !, $, #, %)

In this case first try entering a password that is complex enough in accordance with your company's security policies.

These password policies don't really have anything to do with Apex. However, rather than try to explain what else you can do to reconfigure your network it was easier for me to just update Apex to take care of this for you. Starting with Apex version 10.0.2 dated 4/14/2010 I have added this new programming. Please call me if you are running an earlier version of Apex and I will send you a link to the updated program.

Jump To:

Set as your default homepage Add favorite Privacy   © 2017 Vulcan Software LLC All Rights Reserved.   Go To Top Of Page